We're Getting Married!

Friday, October 9, 2009

My First Job

Lately, I've been on a search for a job. I've filled out and turned in countless applications, and in the last week I've gone to two job interviews. One was for Journey's Kids, a shoe store, and it was a group interview and everyone else had a better resume and stronger answers (and I felt overdressed because everyone else were skaters) than I did, and it was purely awkward. The other was at Soho, a hair supply kiosk at the mall. They sell "fake hair" clips, sparkly hair clips and headbands and mirrors and etc. This was a one-on-one interview and the woman was very nice and I went home feeling pretty good about it. That was two days ago; today, I received a call from the Soho woman, Lindsay, and I got the job! =D I start on Monday.
The only requirements of the job are that I have to wear the products and look good. Which I can do ;) JUST KIDDING! Which means Lindsay, with whom I will always be working, will do my hair every day I work. Chyess!
I will be approaching customers and selling (hopefully) products. I will go through a three-week training process where I will memorize the products and the numbers to the colors of the hair extentions and how to best approach customers and be the best sales person I can. After the training process, my pay will bump up from $6.25 an hour to $7.25 an hour plus a percentage of my commissions, and if I sell enough products, I'll get a bonus on my percentages.
For the three weeks of training process, I will work three days a week, three hours a day. After the training process, my hours may increase. I love the hours, honestly, because it will allow me to still have time to do other things during the week.
I am very excited for this job! It sounds so much fun. I hope it goes well. =)

No comments: