We're Getting Married!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

...just so you know.

Almost a month ago, Ashtin and I broke up. In lieu of our separation, I wrote this:

As I look back
on the past year
and memories flash
before my mind's eye,
I remember what
we went through.
I remember what
you meant to me,
what we use to be.
And I realize
that I wouldn't
change a thing,
or take back
any of the
dreams
words
jokes
laughs
smiles
kisses.
What we had was
beautiful.
What we shared was
wonderful.
What we were was
magical.
You made me
happy
braver
stronger.
You should me
love
beauty
myself.
It wasn't always
easy,
but the good times were
amazing.
I won't forget
how you made me feel
how you changed me
you.
You will always be
in my heart,
a sweet memory.
And for all this
I thank you,
the one who gave me
wings.

No comments: