We're Getting Married!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

I'm an ILP Head Teacher!

Ni hao, everyone! I hope all is well with you and that the new year is treating you right. For the most part, I've adjusted to living in America, but every day I miss China and especially my dear students. I wish I could see them again!

Well, recently I heard some fantastic news: I have been accepted as a Head Teacher for International Language Programs for the Fall 2012 Semester! My director/boss, Casey Glade, has put me into the Russia/Ukraine pool; I won't know where I have been assigned exactly until sometime in May. However, I do know that I will be going abroad again next autumn and I'm super stoked about that! If I get assigned to Ukraine, I will be in charge of two schools in Kiev. If I get assigned to Russia, I will be over a school in either Moscow, St. Petersburg, or Voronezh.

As a Head Teacher, I will be in charge of the volunteer teachers (what I was last semester, a first timer), which includes training, advising, etc.; act as an ambassador between the ILP program and the host school; write evaluations of the teachers, the students, the school, etc. and do lots of paperwork and other fun stuff.

I can't wait! I absolutely love traveling and I'm excited for a brand new experience. Of course, I will inform y'all when I hear more news and details.

No comments: