We're Getting Married!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

23.10: Mid-Semester Visits

Hey! There's not much to report from here in good ol' Russia. Except that Mid-Semester Visits are happening, where the ILP directors come to my school and interview my teachers, me, and examine our teaching progress in class. Needless to say, I was a nervous wreck and second guessing myself as a Head Teacher. However, at the end of the day my boss asked me if I would consider being a Head Teacher again, and that he would recommend me to the head director if I did; he also urged me to apply to be a Representative for the programme for when/if I move to Provo. I am so grateful and relieved to hear this. I pray every day that I will be an effective and successful Head Teacher, and now I know I'm at least on the right path. I am ever so grateful for this experience and this unbelievable opportunity to live in Russia and work with and meet such wonderful people. I do not at all regret my decision to put off work and school to have this experience and I'm incredibly grateful to be lucky enough to live my dreams of traveling and working with children. Thank you to all of you for supporting and encouraging me in this endeavor. I couldn't have and can't do it without you. :) With love, Jillian

No comments: