We're Getting Married!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 19-Kitchen, Hugs, and Night Markets

Today was a great day. I'm teaching Kitchen, so I get to make food with the kids. Today was crackers, peanut butter, cookie, and chocolate sandwiches. Talk about delicious! The kids were unusually attentive and obedient, but that's because I threatened them with not getting any food if they didn't listen to me. I wish I could always do kitchen. Haha. Afterward, when they were waiting for their Chinese teacher to come get them, I asked Lily for a hug. Her face brightened like nothing I've ever seen and she basically flew into my arms. She planted a long kiss on my cheek. While she hugged me, the other girls joined in for a group hug, and then some boys wanted hugs. I was...oh my goodness it made me so flipping happy. My. Students. Are. ADORABLE. I love them. (Some, not so much, but the majority have my heart.) I want to take pictures of them and I want the pictures on my wall when I go back to the States.
Just saying, hugs make everything better. I give them to everyone randomly when I see them (in my group, not random Chinese people). It's just nice to feel like someone cares, you know?
Tonight, Adam, Mizzy, Katy and I went to the night market. We tried this pizza-like thing--it's hard to describe, but basically it's doughy, with a spicy sauce and chives on top. Really good. I love street food. I was warned that I'd pay for it in the bathroom, but I haven't gotten sick off anything. Yet, at least. Adam's had it before and didn't get sick, so here's to hoping. Besides the pizza, I didn't buy anything else, and I'm proud of myself. I have compulsive shopping disorder, I swear. I really just want to wait until we go to Yongshuo, because Cami says there is amazing shopping there for great prices.

No comments: