We're Getting Married!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 25-GC, Manicures, and Bamboo

We had district conference today for the China International District Branch (I just found out what it was called, haha); it's interesting listening to Church through a computer. I'm so grateful my group has a worthy Priesthood holder so we can partake of the Sacrament each week--I was afraid I'd miss it for four months. Today is Sunday for me, which means I get to watch the Relief Society General Conference meeting on LDS.org twenty-four hours after Mountain Time's 7PM. Which is I think is 9AM tomorrow. I can't do the math right now. I'll watch GC on Monday because it is Sunday in the States. LDS.org works here, which sort of surprises me, but it's definitely a blessing. I was just given my first-ever visiting teaching assignments and sisters to visit, within our small group here. I feel so grown up. Haha.
Yesterday, Miz, Katy and I went to Big World (a big mall here) and I bought a small cactus and a bamboo plant for my apartment. The Chinese laughed at us crazy white girls buying cacti, but we're used to it by now. We got manicures, too. My first ever; it was a fun experience. Then we and Adam went to the beach, which was fun but kind of cold. I saw a couple sea stars and some jelly fish. After, we ate dinner and showered and then went to the Central night market. We had a lot of fun together.
It's been a month since I left the States for China. It's been the longest month of my life, but it also feels like time flew by. I know I'm going to miss China and I think the next three months will go by fast.

No comments: