We're Getting Married!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Master Cleanse - Day One

Today I started what is called, "The Master Cleanse," otherwise known as the "Lemonade Diet." It's pretty much where I will drink only water and this concoction of pure, fresh lemon juice, pure maple syrup, water, and cayenne pepper for at least two weeks.
I can't eat or drink anything else. It will cleanse my body of all toxins and the crap that crappy food has built up inside of me.
This cleanse has been proven to cure the earliest signs of diseases and other health ailments, including acne, skin blemishes, allergies, and cravings.
As I have been chronically sick for the last year or so, my mom suggested I try this cleanse. I plan (and hope) to last at least the recommended two weeks, and I plan (and hope) to update this blog every night to keep you updated on how it's progressing.

Today was difficult. I discovered just how addicted to eating I really am. It was almost painful not to dig out my favorite cereals and snack throughout the day.
At first, I was starving, and food seemed the most heavenly thing on earth. But I resisted the urge to gorge, and instead sipped my lemonade. Eventually, the hunger subsided, though I did feel lightheaded, as if my blood sugar was lowering. I think I started to shake slightly, but with more intake of my lemonade, that subsided, also.
I can't quite say that I'm hungry right now; mostly, I'm just craving food.
My mom made me a water bottle full of lemonade to take to work, though it was difficult to drink because the cayenne content was too high. Right now I'm sipping a new cup, with less cayenne and more maple syrup, and really it's not too bad. Strange tasting lemonade, to say the least.

No comments: