We're Getting Married!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

November 15-Jack


I just realized this is out of place: read it in chronological order from the title.

After I finished my last class for the day, my kids were leaving when I stopped Jack. He had behaved that day and been positively adorable, as he can sometimes be (other times he’s a hellion, but for some reason I still adore hims). I spread out my arms and said, “Hey, Jack, do I get a goodbye hug?”
Jack peered at me for a moment, registering the situation, and then he threw his arms around me and squeezed me tight.
I patted my cheek and said, “What about a kiss?”
Again, his eyes grew wide but then he gladly smooched my cheek. When he pulled away, he was positively glowing. When he ran down the hall waving at me, he kept glancing back until he turned the corner. I suppose I’m just tending the fire of his student-teacher crush; I suppose I shouldn’t be encouraging him, but heck, I love every second of it.

No comments: