We're Getting Married!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

October 8-Shang Hai

Dear friends and family,

I am still in Shanghai; I return to Weihai tomorrow. So much has happened here, but to sum up, this has been easily one of the best weeks of my life. I saw the Jing'an temple, the Jade Buddha temple, a fake market (with knock offs of brand names, like Gucci and Prada), the bund, the Pearl TV tower, a water/canal town, rode the metro (several times), French Concession, gorgeous Chinese parks, and lots of downtown Shanghai. We have also made several foreign friends in our hostel: Englishmen (Matt, Lawrence, Dan), Dutchmen (Arjen, Martin, and Case), a Chinese guy (Jun), a German (Miel), and a Kiwi (Luke). They are all so funny and kind and we've had a ton of fun getting to know them and listening to their travel stories and accents. I love the international feel here at the hostel. I've decided I want to one day run a hostel, with a couple of ILP friends and Arjen and Matt. I'm thrilled.

Well, I have to go now, but I thought I'd catch you up while I had a few minutes on the computer.

Xia jian!

Jillian

No comments: