We're Getting Married!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

December 4-Beach Sunday




December 4:

As the sun was shining and there was only a slight autumn crisp in the air, Kelli and I decided to spend our Sunday afternoon at the beach. It’s sad to think that I’ve lived by a beach for four months and I’ve only been there about four times. The main reason for this visit was so that I could gather some sand for my collection back home.

We arrived at the beach as the sun began to set and the world was filled with deep golden light. A few fishermen sat in their rustic boats, silhouetted by the setting sun behind them. Children ran about the tide pools, shrieking and giggling as the cold water brushed their toes or they found a seashell or starfish. The random but majestic castle that looms over everything only added to the splendor of the picture.

Kelli and I, of course, had to take pictures.

I love the Chinese culture and history and architecture--and of course the people! I'm going to miss all of it. I have grown so much from this experience, in so many ways. I know more about myself and the world. I would have to say that my students have impacted me the most. Spending time with them, disciplining, loving, and teaching them, has taught me a lot about myself and how much I adore and want children of my own some day. Maybe it's strange but I have like a maternal connection to my students. I love them and every minute I spend with them; I have loved getting to know them and discovering their unique personalities and facts about them. Even after all the yummy food and the incredible places I've been and things I've seen (like the Great Wall), my students are what have made my experience and what I will miss the most. It breaks my heart to think that I may never see them again...

No comments: